Kuala Lumpur, MY (or remote)
SmartBite is a new food tech company that aims to give the best food experience to working professionals that want their lunch to be delivered at the office and to optimize and improve F&B suppliers with technology and big data to boost their sales.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all serverside logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a large arsenal of open source and cutting-edge technologies such as Express JS, Node JS, MongoDB, Docker
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic (RESTful API)
- Maintain and develop all parts of a complex service-oriented system
- Manage hosting environment, administrate databases and scale application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools ( Git )
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes ( MongoDB )
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Generate analytics and statistics like system reports of server load, etc.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services
- Create tests with Mocha, Karma, etc.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
Who You Are
- Passionate about the company’s specific mission
- Entrepreneurial and ready to be responsible for big changes
- Collaborative team player, not just at meetings
- Confident, passionate, honest
- Passion and experience shipping well-engineered and tested code
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Remote or in office
- SmartBite can arrange work permits if required
- Daily allowance of up to RM10 for meals
How to apply
Please email your CV, full name, phone number, email and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org